South Florida Sunday

Sunday, April 26, 2015

As a South Florida girl, born and raised, I occasionally get homesick.  I love the Northwest, but there's just something about SoFla that you just can't replace.  Memories from my childhood were filled with sunshine, palm trees, and beaches.  Flip-flops and sandals were standard daily footwear.  Ladies were donned brightly colored maxi dresses and men wore cargo shorts and tees.

Women in Miami know how to turn it out wherever they go. Their sensuality and confidence is contagious. They strut the streets as if it's a runway.  As a little girl, I'd stare at them and wish that one day I could be just as "spicy" as they were!


My sweet husband decided today was "Miami Day" and dressed in his best khakis and breeziest white shirt.  He looked like he was ready to ready to stroll on the beach.  I couldn't resist and decided to go "Miami" too.  I do love a good theme to dress around! LOL!

I'm pretty excited that I can load up on maxi dresses to accommodate my growing baby bump and still wear them even after the baby comes.






 Gold jewelry and bright prints really remind me of Miami.



Sunnies and hoop earrings are a must in South Florida!

One more duck-faced selfie for the road! :-p


 Dress: Target
Earrings: Target (Can you tell I'm a Target junkie?!)
Bracelets: Random sari shop but similar here
Sunnies: Kate Spade (sold out but similar here)

Here's hoping we have more sunny days soon in the Northwest!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!