29 Weeks

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hi all! I know I've been MIA lately. I've been super busy with work, prepping for baby, and trying to stay cool and hydrated during this crazy heatwave in the PNW!  It has been so hot here that I just try to relax during the day and do all my chores at night when it's cooler. But I am so happy to be in the homestretch and am so looking forward to bringing home my little boy!

29 weeks and growing!

Cravings: Lately, I'm going crazy over Mighty-O Cinnamon-Sugar Donuts and vegan chocolate chip cookies!

Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds. I did pretty good this past week and gained about 2-3 lbs instead of just 1lb. My weight is still a work-in-progress but it's definitely increasing which is great news!

Sleep:  I'm still able to sleep well and still love my naps.  It has been less enjoyable with this heat, though.  I always seem to wake up overheated.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, please! Pretty much all of my clothes are maternity clothes now. I invested in some jeans from H&M that have the over-the-bump support and I really love them. I find them to be more comfy than under-the-bump pants.

Belly Button (In/Out): Still "in" but looks like it's about to turn inside out! lol!

Workouts: I'm still able to workout pretty well. We recently bought an elliptical machine and I really love using it for small bursts of cardio. However, since it's been really hot out and we are AC-less like much of the PNW, I have to wait until the sun sets (around 9pm!) to fit in workouts otherwise I'm just too overheated so I've had to put them on hold for a bit.

Aches & Pains: Getting a few Braxton Hicks and had a bout of ankle swelling after working (again, prob from the heat and being dehydrated).  Water just isn't cutting it anymore to stay hydrated. I've been alternating Gatorade and Propel to help restore electrolytes and that seems to be helping a lot. I wish I could drink something a little more "healthy" like coconut water but for some reason it upsets my tummy now.  I did try Recovery Water the other day and it was amazing! It has no sugar at all and has calcium and magnesium which is great for muscle recovery. Calcium and magnesium are super important minerals for labor and recovery. I'm thinking of stocking up for the delivery room to stay hydrated before and after labor.


Baby Blues:  Definitely not as bad as during the 1st and early 2nd trimesters.  I am planning to have my placenta encapsulated to help with mood regulation, lactation, and restoring iron after delivery. Labor and delivery can be especially difficult for vegetarians since you lose a lot of iron from blood loss.  Encapsulation seems to be a great way to restore iron and is completely vegetarian. (Sounds like it's not but I won't be harming another animal to get the placenta and my preparer uses veggie capsules too!)  I'm interested to try it out and see if it does help!  I'm also investing in a couple of other herbal tinctures and teas to see if they help speed up recovery after birth. I'll blog about those later after I try them out!

What do I miss?: Unlimited coffee & feeling comfy despite the heat. Oooh and also, being able to find an outfit that fits, quickly.  I usually have to make a few outfit changes before I find something that works.

Best Moments: Meditating and connecting with my little guy at the end of the day. I usually lay in bed and practice my labor breathing and visualizations and focus on baby's movements.  I have to wait to do this after everyone falls asleep for the night (no interruptions), but it's so worth it.  It's nice to zone out and just connect with my little one. I love when I place a hand on my belly and he kicks under that spot. I feel like we're bonding already.

These Cobian flip-flops are a staple for me right now.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!