23 Weeks

Tuesday, May 19, 2015



Hey all! I finally hit the 23 week mark and it's been a rough couple of days. I still feel great but just really low on energy.  The summer heat here isn't helping either. The baby is going through a growth spurt right now, so I think that's why I'm tired all of the time. The belly is definitely growing faster now and I feel like a 5lb dumbbell is resting in my tummy.  Little boy is soooo active. He kicks ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT! My husband can now feel when he starts his little kick-boxing sessions. It's pretty entertaining!

Cravings:  The cravings aren't too strong where I "need to have it now!"  I'm still loving iced coffees and iced teas. They are so necessary with my lack of energy right now!  I really love eating Bengali dishes I grew up eating when I was a kid now with chilies and lots of lime squeezed over it. Pancakes are another fave right now. Every Sunday we go out to brunch so I can have pancakes!

Face & Skin: Most of my acne is gone thanks to my Belli products!  I think I'll even end up using them after baby comes since they're cruelty-free and the face-wash doubles as a mask.  My skin has been really dry lately though so I've been loading up on my Kiehl's Moisturizer. I haven't gotten any stretchmarks yet (knock on wood!) but I have been slathering myself with Palmer's Cocoa Butter like crazy to keep everything moisturized!

Sleep: Insomnia was a problem up until this week. I found it so hard to fall asleep at night. But now, I'm out as soon as I lie down. I still need to nap during the day if I can. I miss sleeping on my tummy.  I've been trying to sleep mostly on my left side using my Snoogle pillow but somehow in the night I end up sleeping on my back...

Maternity Clothes:  Definitely!  I can still fit into my non-maternity jeans since they're low-rise. I ended up getting some great maternity pants from ASOS for work (now out of stock, but so hoping they bring them back!)  

Bellybutton (In/Out): Still an innie but def looks like a stretched out innie. lol! No black line yet either.

Workouts: I'm still able to get in some good workouts. Some days I just feel overly tired, so I end up just resting.  I find that if I push myself on my "off days" to work out I end up feeling more tired and achy, so I just take it easy if I'm not feeling my best.  I'm still doing tons of yoga and even busted out my old P90X Legs & Back video....I just do the leg parts and skip the pull-up bar stuff.  I have to keep reminding myself to "hug my baby towards my spine" while working out to prevent diastasis (separation of ab muscles and main culprit for the "mommy pooch" after baby comes).

Fave Moments:  Whenever my husband feels baby kick and talks to him. The baby will stop kicking as soon as Viv talks to him as if he's listening intently! So cute! The baby also loves to kick when the puppies start barking!

I'm also just trying to enjoy as much time I can with my husband and the doggies.  Pretty soon most of my attention will be directed elsewhere so I'm trying to get in as much family time as possible now. 

Moru and Mommy relaxing while Yoki is running around like a lunatic!


My little boy! <3

What I'm Missing: Being able to go longer without eating. Searching for food every couple of hours is the only annoying part of being pregnant for me. I like to cook as much as I can and right now I'm having a hard time "supplying my demand"! My cart at the market is always jam-packed with food as if I'm feeding a small village. lol!


Next week I have my 24 week check-up. We're doing another ultrasound to make sure the little guy is growing at a good rate since I'm a little underweight. Can't wait to see what weird position he'll be in this time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!